Here is a short talk by Fr. Ripperger on the Promises of the Rosary. I took notes, and almost all of the words are his, but I did leave out some parts of his talk.
I want to highlight something he says in other talks and this one. He always says to pray the Rosary daily, and that the Rosary must be said faithfully. He repeats this whenever he talks about the Rosary. I suppose that is obvious, but just praying the Rosary every day is not enough, it must be said devoutly, with faith.
All words below are Fr. Ripperger’s:
There are 15 promises in relationship to the Rosary, when you’re talking about one of the greatest mysteries, that is, the power which God has set up for the Rosary to have. Here are a few:
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces. Signal graces are little signs here and there and God manifests them and then in your intellect He gives you a grace to see that there is some sign from our Lord or from Our Lady that this particular thing is happening. This is important, particularly for those who are trying to discern God’s will for them that if they are praying the Rosary consistently Our Lady will send these signal graces to them so they can see what God’s will is.
- Another one is that our Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, and it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies. It is a powerful weapon. There have been cases where battles have been won on the battlefield by it. (editor’s note: he then talks about the Battle of Lepanto and how the Rosary was used by the Christian soldiers. It is worth the listen.)
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish. When we wonder why things are so bad in the Church well part of the reason is because so few people are praying the Rosary, and so good isn’t flourishing in the church.
- It will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God, and it will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the world and it’s vanities and it will lift them to the desire of eternal things. This is quite important because by the means of the meditation a person reflects on God, the mind and the heart is turned towards God through this instrument, the Rosary. And so as a result their mind is turned away from the world and to eternal things. If they do it consistently then it becomes a habit and a habit tends to affect their whole way of thinking.
- The soul which recommends itself to me – that is Our Lady by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish or die an unprovided for death. They’ll never suffer a death in which there were not sufficient graces in order to save them, or, without the sacraments…it means that we will never be unprovided for at the time of our death so that we can make sure that we get into Heaven.
- It is a sign of predestination…praying the Rosary would bring great hope because it would be a sign of destination. The person can gain hope by saying the Rosary. They will think, “If I keep saying this then this will be a sign that God is going to save me, Our Lady is going to save me.”
- A person who says it regularly can become worthy of eternal life.
- You shall obtain all that you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities and so it’s always good to help other people to come to knowledge of the Rosary to pray it so that God will provide, that Our Lady will provide in our necessities.
Some of the blessings of the Rosary include:
- That sinners are forgiven.
- It purifies our souls and washes away our sins.
- Souls that thirst will be refreshed. As a person becomes holier there becomes a stronger craving for God and for the next life. And those that say the Rosary will have that craving somewhat sated in this life.
- Those who are fettered will have their bonds broken. Those who feel like they’re under some oppression – there’s something that is just burdening them, this will be lightened.
- Those who weep shall find happiness and those who are tempted shall find peace, the poor will find help, the religious are reformed.
- Those who are innerrant will be instructed and the living shall learn to overcome their pride.
- The dead, the holy souls in Purgatory have their pains eased by suffrage, that is by the Rosary.
- It gradually gives us perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ and it gives us victory over all our enemies. If someone is difficult to work with, praying the Rosary for them will help us to overcome their imperfections so that we can lead peaceful lives with them.
- It makes it easier for us to practice virtue. If people say the Rosary consistently they will find that the virtues, of acting virtuously, will just kind of come on its own.
- It sets us on fire with the love of God and enriches us with graces and merits. It supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow men.
- It obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God.
Since Our Lady is the Mediatrix of all graces and this is her principle sacramental and relationship to her, those who say it devoutly and say it with the love of Our Lady, she’ll shower them with graces because they use this in a loving way, which she wants us to, so she can lead us to Heaven.
Some fail to pray the Rosary every day but we must realize it is one of the principle means of growing in holiness and in saving our souls. While the sacraments are the ordinary means by which we save our souls and grow in grace, nevertheless the Rosary is a very powerful means by which we can save our soul.
To save our souls. Say the Rosary daily, say it devoutly and Our Lady will welcome you into Heaven.